TALENT DEVELOPMENT team™ strongly supports successful onboarding. The onboarding process used to be known simply as “new employee orientation”. The TDt™ version is much more comprehensive and proactive. We ensure that new talent become acquainted with their surroundings and work groups as quickly as possible, minimizing time required to transition smoothly. When made uniquely personal, onboarding fuels enthusiasm, increases job knowledge and facilitates welcoming interactions to accelerate successful onboarding.
• Assist the new employee in developing an understanding of values, mission, vision, culture and organizational structure.
• Review job summary for the new employee’s position.
• Identify & prioritize key accountabilities for each position – concise statements defining specific, measurable outcomes the position must achieve.
• Benchmark the new employee’s position by pinpointing the competencies, workplace motivators and behavioral traits essential for optimal results.
• Deliver personal talent assessments for the new employee.
• Establish a collaborative, positive environment with the new employee.
• Objectively examine how the personal talent of the employee compares to the job benchmark.
• Assess and identify employee strengths and gaps as they relate to the new position.
• Clarify expectations, priorities and performance evaluation areas.
• Define action plans with timelines to prioritize areas of concentration.
The implementation phase focuses on the new employee and the specific position they assume. Additionally, it supports rapid assimilation into the new culture. The process builds optimism and will reduce uncertainty and anxiety. Support structures will be identified and new working relationships established. The new employee will feel welcomed and valued. Through the coaching process the employee will understand expectations and how to achieve near term goals and objectives while being encouraged to enthusiastically participate in the organization.
TALENT DEVELOPMENT team™ offers a comprehensive program enabling organizations to identify succession candidates and develop talented leaders. Our program can be customized to meet your organizational requirements.
• Partner with the organization to identify high potential candidates.
• Administer talent assessments to selected candidates based on a unique 37-factor analysis revealing the how, why and what of individual performance.
• Conduct individual 360 surveys to gather responses from a combination of peers, superiors, and subordinates.
• Develop a personalized talent development action plan for each participant with measurable objectives based on the above data.
• Deliver the program components and resource materials.
• Assign a talent development coach to each participant to:
o Debrief the results of the fact finding assessments and surveys.
o Identify individual areas of strength and development opportunities.
o Develop a personalized talent development action plan.
o Engage in an individual coaching program based upon the action plan.
• Provide periodic program summaries to organization leaders.
• Administer a follow-up 360 survey and a participant assessment to measure results of each individual’s talent development action plan implementation.
The implementation phase leverages comprehensive fact-finding processes, producing measurable results to strengthen top talent, promote retention and assure leadership continuity for your organization’s ongoing success.
TALENT DEVELOPMENT team™ recognizes that team performance is critical to organizational success. Gauging and appreciating each team member’s unique contribution encourages top team performance. Knowledge of each team member’s characteristics, coupled with a systematic evaluation of team dynamics, enables organizations to accelerate team performance.
• Gather team leaders’ perceptions of team strengths, weaknesses, opportunities and threats.
• Identify and prioritize key performance factors for each team member’s position — concise statements defining specific, measurable outcomes the position must achieve.
• Benchmark each position to determine the Competencies, Workplace Motivators, and Behavioral Traits essential for optimal results.
• Analyze each team members’ characteristics in the same three measured categories.
• Conduct a 360 Team Survey — anonymously gather input regarding Team Leadership, Work Processes, Relationships, and Work Management.
• Review results of position benchmarks, 360 Survey and team members’ assessments with each participant.
• Conduct team coaching sessions focusing on Competencies, Workplace Motivators, and Behavioral Traits and 360 Team Survey results.
• Develop a team action plan designed to reinforce performance in areas of strength and enhance performance where development opportunities exist.
• Conduct individual coaching sessions and develop action plans to enhance individual and team performance.
• Schedule additional individual coaching sessions within 90 days to track activity regarding commitments.
• Administer a follow-up 360 Team Survey within 6 months to gauge effectiveness of team action plan implementation.
The implementation phase focuses on both individual and team performance. The process details strengths and weaknesses, and identifies potential areas of conflict. By recognizing, understanding and appreciating individual and team factors, developing and reinforcing individual and team action plans, teams can achieve optimal performance.
TALENT DEVELOPMENT team™ methodology builds a solid foundation upon which leadership and team effectiveness is enhanced. Our fact-finding identifies areas of high performance as well as developmental needs that can be addressed in order to accelerate leadership talent.
• Develop concise job summaries for each leadership team member’s position.
• Identify and prioritize key performance factors for each position — measurable outcomes the position must achieve for superior results.
• Benchmark positions by pinpointing the Competencies, Workplace Motivators and Behavioral Traits essential for optimal results.
• Deliver personal talent assessments for each leadership team member.
• Establish a collaborative environment with each leadership team member through confidential coaching sessions that focus only on the person being coached.
• Objectively examine how each team member’s talents compare to the job benchmark.
• Identify areas of strength on which to focus and identify talent gaps that may decrease effectiveness in the position.
• Collaboratively set performance goals to surpass current performance levels.
• Establish action plans with specific timelines for addressing both strength and improvement areas.
• Work with the team member’s leader to assure mutually relevant goals and action plans.
The implementation phase focuses on the establishment of specific action plans for each leadership team member. Plans are unique to each team member and contain detailed measurable objectives with clear timelines. Outcomes are regularly measured to assess progress. TDt coaches schedule follow-up meetings with team members to maintain focus.
TALENT DEVELOPMENT team™ methodology includes a proprietary tool — the TALENT DEVELOPMENT index™ — with which organizations can measure the effectiveness of the organization’s talent management practices. TDi™ operates as an organizational 360. Talent in the context of the TALENT DEVELOPMENT index™ is defined as an organization’s human capital. Talent is the sum total of the expertise at work in an organization — it is an organization’s “bench strength” and effective talent management will enable an organization to manage for superior performance, improved productivity and increased profitability.
• Identify respondent groups, e.g. leadership team, managers, associates or administration, sales, operations.
• Administer an anonymous internet based survey consisting of 76 statements and 4 open ended questions.
• Collect responses in 8 categories:
Talent Selection, Performance Management, Career Development and Retention, Team Effectiveness, Management Effectiveness, Leadership Effectiveness, Organizational Effectiveness, and Organizational Ethics.
• Measure responses on a scale ranging from Strongly Agree to Strongly Disagree.
• Accumulate survey responses by Overall Organization, Survey Categories and Respondent Groups.
• Calculate and provide a percentage score by Respondent Group, Category and the organization’s overall Talent Development index.
• Present findings in the following format: Summary Report, Favorable/Unfavorable Report, Frequency Distribution Report, Comments Report.
• Identify areas of strength and areas that need to be addressed.
• Develop an organizational action plan with specific timelines for capitalizing on areas of strength and addressing areas needing improvement.
• Prepare an Action Plan Summary and communicate to all respondents.
The implementation phase focuses on carrying out the steps outlined in the organizational action plan. These steps are unique to the Category or Respondent Groups and contain detailed measurable objectives with definite timelines. Outcomes are measured on both an informal basis and by re-administering the Talent Development index™ within 12 months of the initial survey to measure progress.